Effective date: April 8, 2019
Onward Care, Inc., a Delaware corporation (“Onward,” “us,” “we,” or “our”) is committed to protecting your privacy.
**COLLECTION OF INFORMATION. **
Personal information refers to information that is connected to Your name and may include things such as Your email address, mailing address, and telephone number, location, demographic information, photographs, and payment card information. The following personal information is collected by or on behalf of Onward:
Collection of Personal Information from Users. Onward collects personal information when Users voluntarily submit it to us. For example:
- User Profile: We collect information when You create or update Your User Account. This may include Your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification numbers such as social security number, driver’s license or passport if required by law, birth date, photo and signature. This also includes vehicle or insurance information of Drivers. This also includes the preferences and settings that You enable for Your User Account.
- Background Check Information: We may collect background check information if You sign up as a Driver. This may include information such as Your driver history or criminal record (where permitted by law). This information may be collected by a service provider on Onward’s behalf.
- Demographic Data: We may collect demographic information about You, including through user surveys.
- User Content: We may collect information that You submit when You contact Onward customer support, provide Reviews, or otherwise contact Onward.
Collection of Other Information. In addition to personal information that we may receive or collect from You, Onward may collect other information from Users using the following technologies:
- Cookies: “Cookies” are small bits of information that the Platform places on the hard drive of Your computer. Cookies remember information about Your activities on the Platform to make Your visits to the Platform more enjoyable and valuable to You by providing a customized experience and recognizing Your preferences when You visit the Platform. If You’ve chosen to disable cookies on Your browser, some of the functionality of the Platform may be lost. Certain Services provided by Onward, require that cookies be enabled in Your browser and cannot be used when You have disabled cookies in Your browser.
- Flash Cookies: (also called Local Shared Objects or “LSOs”). Flash cookies are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
- Web Beacons or Clear Pixels: Web beacons are small graphic images on a web page or in an email that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements that You select or tracking the performance of email marketing campaigns.
- Web Server Logs: Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages You request to Your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term You entered or the link You clicked to bring You the webpage. The web server log also may record information about Your browser, such as Your IP address and the cookies set on Your browser by the server.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of Your device if You provide Your consent. For more details on how to modify Your location preferences, please see the “Access & Choice” Section below.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the mobile device or computer You use to access the Platform, including without limitation the hardware model, operating system and version, browser type, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Social Networking Sites: If You log into Your User Account through single sign-in services (e.g., Facebook Connect), You provide Onward with permission to access certain information about You from that social networking site, such as Your Facebook User ID, user profile, friends list, and profile picture.
USE OF INFORMATION.
Onward’s primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide You with products, services, and content that match Your interests. Onward may also use personal information it collects for various purposes, including without limitation to:
- To help diagnose problems with our Platform, to administer our Platform, and to enhance the Platform for optimal User experience.
- To monitor the usage and performance of our Platform, and to determine aggregate information about our Users and usage patterns.
- To send Users materials, updates, information and special offers from us and promotional material from other Users of the Platform and our partners.
- To provide and deliver the products and services You select through the Platform, process payments and other Charges and send You related information, such as confirmations and receipts.
- To provide maintenance, support, and customer service for the Platform.
- To contact Users for information verification purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION.
Onward may disclose personal information to companies that are affiliated with us (that is, that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with Onward). Unless stated otherwise in a Promotion, we do not disclose Your information with third parties to directly market to You, but we may market to You on behalf of such third parties that would like to send You information about their products and services. For example, Onward may offer a Promotion in conjunction with a co-sponsor that may have special offers or services that might be of interest to our Users. We may extend to You special offers from the co-sponsor that may be of interest to You. We may also disclose certain information about Users who used our Services through a Promotion with a co-sponsor, provided that we notify such Users in a Promotion that their information may be disclosed with the co-sponsor.
Onward may disclose Your information with service providers that perform services for Onward, such as providing marketing assistance, analyzing User data, and processing payment card information. There may also be instances when Onward may disclose Your information without providing You with a choice in order to:
- Protect the legal rights of Onward, other affiliated companies or their employees, agents, and contractors.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Onward.
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service.
- Honor a request that You have made through the Platform.
- Protect the safety and security of other Users.
- Protect against fraud or for risk management purposes.
- Comply with the Law or legal process.
In addition, if Onward sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, Onward may transfer Your information to a third party as part of that transaction.
SOCIAL SHARING OF INFORMATION.
The Platform may offer You the ability to share Your information through a social networking site (e.g., Facebook, Twitter), using such site’s integrated tools (e.g., Facebook “Like” button, or Twitter “Tweet” button). The use of such integrated tools enables You to share information about Yourself with other individuals or the public, depending on the settings that You have established with such social networking site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and use in connection with such social networking site or a site’s integrated tools, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these social networking sites.
PUBLIC FORUM AND MESSAGING.
Onward may offer chat rooms and bulletin boards. Please note that information that You disclose in these public forums become public. Use caution in disclosing any information. The Platform may also allow You to exchange messages with other Users. We may store these messages in order to deliver them and allow You to manage them.
ACCESS AND CHOICE.
Onward has implemented the following procedure that You may use to access, correct, or delete personal information, or choose how Your information is used:
- If You would like to know the types of information that Onward collects from Users to its Platform, please email or write Onward at the addresses listed below under the Section titled “Communication.”
- If You would like to know whether Onward has collected personal information about You please send us the activities and services that You participated in on the Platform that requested personal information. After reviewing the relevant databases, Onward will confirm whether Onward has collected such information about You and provide a list of Your personal information that we have on file.
- If Your personal information is incorrect, You may correct the personal information by sending a written request for correction to Onward’s Privacy Officer at the address below. Your request must include: (a) all of the incorrect personal information that You wish to change, (b) the corrected personal information, and (c) Your signature authorizing such changes. Onward will then correct the Personal Information in our database and send a written
confirmation to You.
- If You wish to stop receiving email marketing communications from Onward, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If You opt out of marketing communications, we may still send You non-promotional communications, such as those about Your User Account or to fulfil ongoing business transactions.
- Some web browsers and devices permit You to broadcast a preference that You not be “tracked” online. At this time Onward does not modify Your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
- Onward uses User's device location information. Location data helps improve our services, including pickups, navigation, and customer support. You may enable/disable, or adjust, Onward's collection of rider location information at any time through the privacy settings menu in the Application, or via the settings on Your mobile device. If You disable the device location services on Your device, Your use of the Application will be affected.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS.
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents who have an established business relationship with Onward are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. This notice will identify the categories of information shared with and will include a list of the third parties with which it is shared, along with their names and addresses. If You are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to us at the addresses listed below.
Onward Care, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
201 Morning Sun Avenue
Mill Valley CA 94941
Phone: (510) 771-7171
If Onward needs, or is required, to contact You concerning your personal information or any event that involves You, we may do so by email, telephone, or mail.