At Onward, we are in awe and are so thankful for our drivers as they navigate and help our communities during this unprecedented time. Not only do our drivers push our mission forward to ensure anyone who needs compassionate assistance receives the best possible service and care, but they consistently go above and beyond their title of “driver.”
It is important to Onward, as well as our drivers, that our service remain as safe as possible during a time when the highest regard for sanitization must be met. Because the well-being of our riders and drivers is our top priority, Onward is doing several things to ensure that everyone is protected.
Supporting drivers and you during coronavirus!
We are taking precautions in the interest of safety for everyone to help fight the spread of COVID-19. There are several measures that drivers take to ensure a higher degree of protection for themselves and our riders.
We have requested driver cooperation with the following sanitation measures when accompanying riders.
- Above and beyond always having a clean vehicle, the interior of the driver’s vehicle will be wiped down with a disinfectant wipe before and after each ride
- Drivers will use hand sanitizer before and after each rider interaction
- We also ask that drivers offer and have available hand sanitizer to their riders
- All drivers have been given masks they are required to wear during service and have extra masks to offer to passengers if they do not already have one
Now that Onward is offering grocery and prescription delivery, we have also requested driver cooperation in additional safety measures when completing a delivery. Beyond drivers ensuring they adhere to the standards outlined above, they will also do all of the following:
- Drivers will clean and disinfect their hands before entering the item pick-up location
- Disinfect store cart or basket with a wipe or sanitizer
- When possible, wipe the outside of delivery bags to disinfect them before putting them outside the drop-off location door
- Place item outside of the drop-off location door after it has been wiped down with disinfectant
- Knock on the door then step 6 ft away to wait for someone to answer
Stay informed and up-to-date
Beyond Onward’s requests and measures for drivers, the CDC is a good driver resource during COVID-19. They have identified 3 key ways to increase safety when driving during this time.
- Keep windows open when possible
- Increase ventilation
- Regularly disinfect surfaces
For more information from the CDC about the spread of COVID-19, please visit their website. If you, or someone you know, needs government assistance associated with COVID-19 hardships, please visit benefits.gov for specific resources.