Onward’s Commitment to Safety During Coronavirus (COVID-19)
This has been a difficult and trying time for everyone. The coronavirus has devastated communities, and people around the world are altering their way of life to keep everyone healthy. At Onward, we know you rely on our commitment to keep you safe. Here are the safety procedures you can expect from us.
Safety procedure during rides
With safety as Onward’s top priority, we have implemented increased safety requirements to ensure both rider and driver safety. Onward drivers have been provided with supplies, like hand sanitizer and masks, for rides, and these safety items will be available for your use if needed. In addition to the high sanitary and cleanliness standards Onward has had in place, you can also expect our drivers to:
- Wipe down the interior of the vehicle and frequently touched areas with disinfectant before and after each ride
- Use hand sanitizer before and after each rider interaction
- Have and offer hand sanitizer to riders
- Wear masks during the ride and have masks available for riders who aren't wearing one
We want you to have the best experience possible for your trip while ensuring your safety. We ask that you follow some suggestions to ensure that you and our drivers stays healthy.
- While we know that many of you have established strong bonds with your drivers and often like to sit in the front seat, we ask that during this time of distancing, you sit in the back seat to ensure as much distance between you and the driver as possible.
- We request that when you have a ride that you wear a mask for the trip to keep both you and our drivers healthy.
- To promote air circulation in the vehicle, it is recommended that you keep your window open during the ride if possible.
- If you are feeling sick, develop a fever, or have a cough, please cancel and reschedule your trip.
- We ask that you alert us if you develop a sickness after you’ve had a trip so we can alert your driver.
Safety procedure during deliveries
Onward also provides contactless grocery and prescription deliveries. Even though our drivers will not be interacting with customers in person, they will continue to implement safety measures to reduce the spread of coronavirus. For deliveries, our drivers will:
- Ensure their car has been wiped down between trips
- Clean and disinfect their hands before entering the item pick-up location
- Disinfect the store cart or basket with a wipe or sanitizer
- Wipe the outside of delivery bags when possible before delivery
- When delivering items, drivers will leave them outside of the customer's door and step at least 6ft away
Onward will continue to follow information provided from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) to ensure we are up-to-date on their latest safety suggestions. We encourage you to reach out with any questions or concerns you may have about what we are doing for safety around the COVID-19 outbreak.